Geri-Ann Galanti is a medical anthropologist, and lecturer at the UCLA School of Medicine. Dr. Galanti was formerly on the faculty of California State University's Department of Anthropology and California State University's School of Nursing, where she developed the curriculum for the BSN program's Cultural Diversity in Healthcare course. Dr. Galanti is a consultant to Civility Mutual.
Galanti is the author of Caring for Patients from Different Cultures, published by University of Pennsylvania Press. The book is used as a reference work at the State University of New York Institute of Technology and the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Galanti headed Research Team to code and analyze data from focus groups for grant project through the UC Schools of Medicine entitled "Statewide Initiative to Disseminate an End-of-Life Curriculum" funded through the National Cancer Institute. Fall 2010-Spring 2011. She was the Cultural Consultant on the project from 2005-2010.
- Ph.D., 1981, UCLA, specialized in medical anthropology and transcultural psychiatry
- M.A., 1976, UCLA
- B.A., 1972, UCLA Anthropology
- "How to Provide Culturally Competent Healthcare." (E)Hospital 11 (4):22-24. With Aziz Sheikh. [(2009)]
- Cultural Sensitivity: A Pocket Guide for Health Care Professionals. Oakbrook Terrace, IL: Joint Commission Resources.[(2007)]
- Applying cultural competence to perianesthesia nursing. J PeriAnesthesia Nursing 21(2):97-102., [(2006)]
- Culturally Competent Rehabilitation Nursing. Rehabilitation Nursing 30(4):123-126., [(2005)]
- 65 Tips for Foreign Born Nurses Working in American Hospitals. A SupportForNurses.com publication. [(2005)]
- The Hispanic Family and Male-Female Relationships: An Overview. Journal of Transcultural Nursing. 14(3): 180-185. [(2003)]
- Japanese Americans and Self-Care. 'West J Med 174(3):208-209. [(2001)]
- Iranian Births. West J Med 1723 67-68, 2000
- An introduction to cultural differences. West J Med 172: 335- 336., 2000
- Commentary: How to do ethnographic research. West J Med 171(1):19-20., 1999
- Guest editor of special issue on cave and rock art. Anthropology of Consciousness 9(1), 1998
- Caring for Patients From Different Cultures: Case Studies From American Hospitals, 2nd edition. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1997
- "Cult Conversion, Deprogramming, and the Triune Brain", Cultic Studies Journal, Volume , Number 10, 1, 1992
- "Brainwashing and the Moonies", Cultic Studies Journal, 1984, Volume 1, Number 1, pages 27–36.
- ↑ Profile, California State University's Department of Anthropology
- ↑ , "Practice Made Perfect!", Seminar, Continuing Medical Education.
- ↑ CulturedMed, State University of New York Institute of Technology
- ↑ Review, Dr. Robert Like
- ↑ Resume, Personal Website
- ↑ Profile, California State University's School of Natural & Social Sciences
- Personal Website, Dr. Galanti's website on Cultural Diversity